I was tagged by my friend and college roommate Katie to give 8 random facts/habits about myself.
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My eight random facts and/or habits:
1. Coming up with these lists are always hard for me. It's like the minute you ask me to think of something- my mind goes blank. I'd like to be able to blame this on pregnancy/child bearing, but unfortunately, it's always been the case. One summer during CrossCamp, someone (probably Jason) was asking Josh and me about our dating relationship. At that point, we had been together for 3 years. This person asked me what some of my favorite memories were and...blank...I couldn't come up with anything at first. Then I think I came up with 4 fun things we'd ever done. Of course, this became a major joke (for Jason) and sore spot with Josh. I guess this is my disclaimer if I can't come up with eight random facts.
2. I am a rule follower. It makes me nervous to try and get around them somehow...even in silly stuff. The other night Josh and I were eating with friends at the Village Grill. There was a long line to order so Josh decided to call in a to go order so we could visit while we waited. Immediately I panicked. That's not how the system works. Clearly, a "to go" order is supposed to be taken home and not eaten in the restaurant. But it all worked out. We picked up our "to go" order and sat back down and ate it. And nobody came after us.
3. This one piggy backs off #2. I still wear my retainers every night. My purple, tie-dye, glow in the dark retainers from 8th grade. The orthodontist told me I should or my teeth would move back to their original positions. I was also the kid who actually wore them all day every day for 6 months after getting my braces off. That was awkward. There's no "cool" way to take out your retainers at the lunch table (right Kristen?)...thank goodness I only had to wear my head gear at night...
4. I sleep with my eyes partially opened. This made me the "freakshow" on every overnight bus trip with my youth group. It can be painful since my eyes dry out so easily. But now I've got this great gel that keeps them hydrated so we can even sleep with the fan on high.
5. I have never done anything to my hair. By that I mean, colored, dyed, highlighted, etc. Probably because I'm too scared. And that I don't want to have to keep it up. But I am finding more and more gray hairs so I know my day is coming...
6. I take off all my jewelry when I get home. Now if we're having people over then I'll probably keep it on until they're gone. But I can't stand showering, lotioning, or sleeping with jewelry on. Yes, even my wedding rings. Surprisingly, I remember to put them on almost every morning...to keep the pick up lines to a minimum. ;)
7. When I wear my hair curly, I wash my hair upside down in the shower because it curls better. Now, I have some doubters, but all I can say is it works for me. If you're interested in trying for yourself, I'd be glad to go over logistics with you...it will seem awkward at first.
8. I have a hard time with endless tasks. Sometimes I just don't want to put forth the effort knowing that I'll have to do the same thing over again. Two primary examples: laundry and making the bed. I am working on this. It's a lot better than in my college days. There was a period in college (maybe my low point), where I decided that making my bed was just too much. So I reasoned that I wouldn't have to make up my bed if I never unmade it. And so for about 6 months, I slept in my sleeping bag, on top of my "made" bed. In the morning, I just tossed the sleeping bag in the closet. Brilliant, I know.
There were days that I would be in too much of a hurry to fold my clean clothes. So I'd just move them in a heap from the dryer to my bed. Then they must have magically disappeared because I wouldn't "see" them for days. Bedtime would come, and I'd just slip under my covers, under the heap of clean clothes, and go to sleep. The Lord has really used Josh to clean up this area of my life. I'm still a work in progress, but I have come a long way.
So there's my eight random facts/habits. Hope you enjoyed them. Here are the eight people I'm tagging:Lauren C, Simri, LeRay, Kristyn, Jeffie, Angie I, Sarah, and Kimbo. Have fun!