Things I Love about my Husband:
1. people person
2. natural leader
3. loves to sing but he can't
4. his "dad" jokes
5. he lets me cry about nothing (and everything)
6. his "braces" smile *yes, at this time Josh had braces! this pic is from his seminary graduation (though it could pass for his high school graduation too)*
7. he loves to pose in front of the mirror
8. he always tells me he loves me before we hang up the phone
9. he always has the right thing to say
10. he lets me watch sports with him and explains it to me (ex: hockey-can NEVER remember the rules)
11. the way he plays with my hair
12. every night in bed he tells me, "I'll be right here if you need me."
13. he is anal about everything (clean freak)
14. puts 110% into everything he does
15. his sideburns *a little tamer now than they were then*
16. his competitiveness
17. he loves being active and working out
18. he always reaches for my hand during prayer
(I ran out of time before I could get to 20) :)
Our first Valentine's Day together, six months into dating, he mustered up the courage to say, "I love you" to which I denied him with, "Woah, I'm not ready to say that." Well, this Valentine's Day, nine years later, I want to make it very clear that I do love him with all my heart. Not just with that gush of emotions that we felt those first six months, but with a deep, committed, ahava love that will continue to grow and mature for our lifetime together.
I love you, Joshua Rice.
Happy Valentine's Day.